welcome to our book reviews and news page

recent publications and classic reads revisited
covering a wide range of genre, taste and style
please join in the discussion


Friday 11 April 2008

Book news - Galaxy British Book Award Winners

The Galaxy British Book Awards ceremony was held this week, with an Outstanding Achievement award going to J.K. Rowling.

Other major awards went to Ian McEwan for On Chesil Beach and to Khaled Hosseini for A Thousand Splendid Suns.

The full list of winners and other nominees can be seen here.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad Ian McEwan won - I really liked that book.

I noticed Penny Vincenzi on one of the shortlists. Why on earth hasn't that women ever won anything for her fantastically addictive novels?? I'm a big fan!

Anne Brooke said...

But Chesil Beach is sooooo dull, groan!!! What are they thinking of??!?

==:O

A
xxx

HelenMWalters said...

Well, at least Jordan/Katie Price didn't win an award. I can't believe she was even nominated!